Microsoft today announced the update for Mail, Calendar, and People apps in Windows 8. These updates will be available in Windows Store starting tomorrow.
- Filter emails by read and unread
- organize my email into folders
- create and delete folders
- flag important emails
- manage draft email messages
- add, edit, and delete hyperlinks and edit bulleted or numbered lists more easily in email messages
- search for email on the server
- pull contacts from a Microsoft Exchange global address list
- easier to read
- new “Work week” view
- use of scheduling assistant for business accounts (Microsoft Exchange)
- forward meeting invitations
- send email to all meeting attendees
- more recurrence options
- navigate the People app more easily by swiping from the top (or right-clicking) to bring up the app commands
- new navigation at the top that allows you to quickly move between your profile
- post to your friends’ Facebook wall
- quickly filter your “What’s new” feed by social network.
I am very excited about the new updates for these apps as each will help me get more use out of them (especially the Mail App).
You can read more at the Windows Blog