Microsoft recently announced new features that were implemented into the Windows Phone store, one in which will now allow customers to download and install .XAP files onto the phone..Yes, you read that correctly. This update will allow you to install from the card onto the phone and not the other way around. As strange as this approach may sound, we believe Microsoft had very good reasons for doing this. Keep in mind that the Nokia Lumia 820 and the HTC 8s are the only phones released so far that can take advantage of this feature. Below are the correct steps needed in making your installs from SD successful as well as our explanation on why this may be added.
To install apps and games from your phone’s SD card
1. Insert an SD card that contains one or more .XAP files into your phone.
2. On Start , tap Store , then tap SD card.
If you've just inserted the SD card or added the .XAP files, you might need to wait a few minutes before you can access your SD card from the Store.
3. Select the apps you want, then tap Install.
- Apps that can be installed are listed under Compatible apps.
- You'll need to have the latest version of the .XAP file from the Store on your SD card before you can install it. If you don't have the latest version, it'll be listed under Incompatible apps.
- Free apps and games can be used immediately.
- Paid apps and games that have a trial will be available as a trial version that you can purchase later.
- Paid apps and games without a trial must be purchased before you can use them.
Many wonder why this approach was added and we here at PandaApp believe its for those who aren’t able to connect wirelessly with their phones in other regions or for those who don’t want to go over their data limits for the month. This way will allow users to bypass the more conventional route in order to fit their lifestyle…So there you have it.. HTC 8s users enjoy!